Saturday, August 14, 2010

Won't you be my neighbor?

So typically- I'm not the type of person that has to have every single aspect of something figured out before I wade in. I'm more like the type of person that starts in on something knowing my limitations and knowing that I can figure out the rest as I go... Usually works right??

Well in technology- I've met my match. Setting up a blog... and a Facebook page... and a Twitter account for Suite 323 has been a learning experience at best. Linking them all... I'm still figuring that out. My apologies for any annoying duplicate posts of FB... that's not a brainy attempt at marketing. It's stupidity and ignorance. Ha!

I'm trying to blog this whole process of starting up a new business- mostly because its scary as heck, but also because I kinda think that it's a cathartic journey. And at age 27 I've decided (with some encouragement from my husband) to do something I can be happy at. Haven't we all been there at some point in our lives with something?? Although I think he may regret saying that now that he's got a man cave chock-full of furniture and home decor where he & Max patiently play Wii in between the legs of an upside down coffee table... It's too late. I've taken the idea and am running with it. (They really are good sports.)

I'm shooting for a launch date of October 1st to get my shop on Etsy up and running. I've almost completed shopping for the inventory for the Fall collection. I really hope you're going to like it- I know I do. If all goes well I'm really hoping to have my own store front within the next year. I even found a location in the Melrose area that I would love to be apart of... (special shout out to Blueberry Deluxe and Melrose Pharmacy). I just hope I can get this shop off the ground to make it there...

1 comment:

  1. You're doing such an amazing job so far! This site looks really cute :)

    ReplyDelete