Monday, August 23, 2010

The (happy) Tempe Starving Artists.


What a weekend. In a good way. Yesterday was the Block Party put on by the Tempe Starving Artists and hosted by Blueberry Deluxe Boutique (and FYI- Jessica is every bit as nice as everybody says she is). Met some great people, doing what they do best. Had some beer... listened to some great bands... perused the artwork of some great local artists... and just hung out. All in all- pretty awesome. But I think the best part was being with people who are actually doing, what they really do best. What a novel concept.

Ever been stuck in a rut? Yep. Me too. And when I left the block party yesterday I had this charged up feeling of... I think I'm gonna go ahead and call it excitement. I couldn't even honestly put my finger on it which sounds kinda ridiculous because it's a pretty basic human emotion. The difference is that I was excited at seeing other people going out on a limb to do what they love... to at least try for it. That. Is. Inspiring. I felt inspired. I know, I know- so cliche... I get it. But it's the truth. And I realized that this is the first time my excitement for this new endeavor actually outweighs my fear of failing in it. And let me tell ya- that fear of failure... that can be a crippling little wrench in the works of any great dream or idea.  Believe you me.

So I guess the moral of the story is .... be willing to starve a little. If it's something your good at. If it's something you love. Eventually others will take notice and the tides will turn. After all- the Artists in Tempe may be starving... but at least they're happy doing it.

Now enjoy some pics of a great event. =)






















No comments:

Post a Comment